Instagram has quietly rolled out a new feature on Instagram that allows users to convert their stories highlights to reels. This feature is an Instagram content game-changer and only takes seconds to do.
Below are step-by-step instructions on how to convert your Instagram Stories Highlights into an Instagram Reel:
1. Tap the Stories Highlight you'd like to turn into a Reel.
2. Tap the three dot button at the bottom right corner and select "Convert to Reel."
3. Select your audio you'd like to use by searching for a specific audio, using a suggested audio or using any of your saved music.
4. Once you've selected your audio, you can edit your reel by adding new clips, removing clips, changing duration or reordering clips.
5. After you're done editing your clips, you can add text, GIFs, filters or closed captions to finish editing your Reel.
6. Once you are content with your clips and edits, press "Next," to write your caption, tag friends and add a location.
7. Don't forget to choose your cover photo and decide if you want to share to your feed.
8. Last but not least, press "Share" and let the engagement roll in!
A couple things to note:
Instagram automatically synchs the highlight to music, unless choosing otherwise.
The feature may not be available to all users yet.
Follow us on Instagram for more social media tips and trends!